The Joseph Campbell Method of Social Science Research
- Call to Adventure: These people are doing something interesting, I wonder why.
- Supernatural Aid: Goffman / Bourdieu / Foucault will be my spirit guide.
- Crossing the Threshold: Will these people let me come work with them?
- The Road of Trials: I am collecting data but I don’t know what to make of any of this.
- Death & Rebirth: My analysis is not working. Maybe nothing interesting is happening here. This sucks and I am a sucky researcher.
- Transformation: Hey, wait a minute. If I look at it this way …
- Atonement: I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!
- Return: Check it out, prof / peer reviewers!
Tagged with: research process
Posted in fun