A professor said to me recently that you shouldn’t think of your unproductive stretches as wasted time. Sometimes it’s like, I had to get through 25 hours of writer’s block, so having sat at my computer from 9 to 2 and done nothing, that makes five hours of writer’s block down, 20 to go.
In that spirit, today’s accomplishments:
- Rehearsed the powerpoint I made yesterday; class presentation postponed until Thursday
- Looked through my interview with the two math majors for instances of constructed dialogue, but didn’t find much
- Identified a possible twitter corpus source — a list of El País journalists — registered myself as a Twitter developer so I could do authenticated searches, but so far failed to pull the names of the El País journalists from the Twitter API
- Emailed with some colleagues about an exciting upcoming collaborative project about students talking about their learning experience and how they position themselves as newcomers to a community of practice
- Read the agenda for the upcoming AAAL Graduate Student Committee, and added a couple of notes
- A fair amount of tweeting and facebooking